Midterms always turn out to be better than I had thought. Maybe with the exception of Stats...
Anyway, this term test went pretty well, I guess (for the amount of studying I had done). I'm pretty sure I got 2 out of the 3 questions perfect. I had some trouble with the question about proving the termination of a loop. Again, what stumped me was the loop invariant (which I wasn't sure that we even needed). I came up with ni = (ni-1+3) / 5, but I had some trouble proving it. Then I got stuck in proving that if there were i+1 iterations, the loop would terminate. I needed to show that ni+1 < ni somehow, but again, the algebra just didn't click for me because I was starting to panic and run out of time. Oh well, this proves that I need to review iterative correctness some more.
As I was studying for this term test actually, I found the course notes really difficult to read and ultimately, understand. Although the problems done by Prof. Heap are similar, I find his notes much easier to understand than the notes. The notes just seem to have too many words and seem to go on and on. I ended up reading bits of the course notes and referring to Prof. Heap's notes to understand what they were doing rather than vice versa. Hehe.. Maybe this is just me :P
0 comments:
Post a Comment